31 December 2015

Habits to Change Life! My Life!

I am in a thinking mode these days. You wonder why! Because new year is approaching and everyone's so excited. I wonder what happens on the other side of new year parties and new year resolutions! Today, I was just thinking, what can change my life for better, in the new year, after all these celebrations end and everyone once again go to their everyday mode.

And this is what I came up with- habits can change my life!




And what habits can change my life?

Not sure but the following habits might change my life!

Visualizing!

I have been reading a lots of books related to law of attraction these days (yes! I don't just think, I read too!) Each of these books say, visualize what you want to be and there you are! What you visualized yourself to be, you become that. So, I started visualizing a few days back (again after childhood!) I remember how I used to visualize the things I would do after reaching home from school! So, I started my childhood routine again. It's too early to say if this works in adulthood too but I think, this has brought some positive changes in my life. How? I have started organizing my day effectively because I visualize myself in so many roles when I go to bed the night before that it becomes a tough task the next day if I don't organize myself.

I visualize myself doing each and every detailed work I want to do and bring my visualization to a positive end! 

A 'To Do' list has become my habit everyday. Because, working on so many details have to be listed otherwise I just get lost in the jungle of my visualized thoughts!




Learning something new!

I have thought, I will learn a new thing every month, if not everyday! It can be as easy a thing as how to make a new recipe from a different land. And it can be as tough as how to create a mobile app! 

Learning a new recipe, say from Japan, will introduce me to a subtle color of their culture. I will learn something about their cooking style, ingredients etc. I will, therefore, be aware of many other things that are so relevant for cooking yet never thought of by my countrymen! It will widen the horizon of my knowledge. Of course, I won't go to Japan to learn a recipe. The world is so small these days, I can learn their recipes with a click! Thanks to this great invention called Internet!

On the other hand, when I learn as difficult a task as creating a mobile app, it will make me think myself as a more competent person in the context of present day. After all, our life today has become dependent on Apps. Sometimes I think, the saying should now be changed from 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away!' to 'An app a day keeps the problems away!'

Jokes apart, this task of making an app might not be a difficult thing for coders who make a new app everyday. But for people like me, it's difficult! It uses a different part of my brain and thus refreshes me as a new person! Of course, learning new things can change my life.



Being thankful also changes my life!

I take so many things and so many people for granted. What's the loss if I feel thankful for everyone who make my life so easy! 

I don't have to go to the fields and grow grains and veggies, I don't even have to go collect them from fields! I should be grateful to farmers and grocers.

I don't have to feel inferior among people, thanks to my parents who gave me the opportunity to educate myself!

I don't have to think about how I'll pay my bills, thanks to my job! I can always hate my job (though I don't) for not allowing me enough time to spend as per my terms, for not giving me satisfaction, but at the end, it makes my every due payment possible. There are other ways to tackle with my job problems. I can change my job, I can find purpose in my job but being ungrateful is no solution.

So, I have decided, I will be grateful to each and every aspect of my life and find out the positives in them. 



Some of the other habits that I think will change my life include,

  • building great relationships
  • helping others
  • meditating
  • exercising
  • reading everyday
What do you think? What habits can change your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog